Ania's floating gate notes
2003 Telluride Neuromorphic Engineering Workshop
I taught the tutorial on floating gate transistors. This page contains
a partial listing of the handouts from the tutorial.
Last updated 5 July 2003
© Anna Mitros
- HandoutIndex.html Includes
list of papers handed out as background material.
- Lecture 1: Energy band diagrams, the transistor. Hand written
- Lecture 2: Floating gate transistors. Hand written notes. Also:
- MooreToxVsTime.pdf A plot of
oxide thickness vs time, swiped from some talk by Gordon Moore
that I found on the web.
- ToxVsTime.eps A compilation of
oxide thickness versus time using data from two books, Intel
(Gordon Moore's talk), and the
International Technology Roadmap for
- FGLeakage.eps A plot of percent
of charge leaked by direct tunneling for various tunneling
rates, to demonstrate the very rapid decay for modern and future
processes. Many modern processes include an option for thick
oxide transistors which won't leak as fast.
- fglayout.pdf Floating gate layout
suggestions, from Brad Minch.
- Lecture 3: Storing charge on a floating gate (simple subcircuits).
- Lecture 4: Applications (bigger circuits)
Back to Ania's Home Page